- Create a link to ‘Item Ledger entry’ page (Page no 38) and
- Connect the same link with ‘Inventory’ field in the report and
- Enable your report to use an external link (URL)
Create a link to ‘Item Ledger entry’ page:
Click on the down arrow key in the upper left corner of the page and go to Page > Copy Link to Page. Open a notepad and paste the link (you need to further edit it)-
here is the link URL pasted (This link relates to my NAV server and Company):
Target Server Instance and port no
Target page no 38 and bookmarking
Filer information. Here the data is getting filtered by ‘1000’ on ‘Item No.’ field in target data (Item Ledger Entry)
Open the page in View mode
So I will remove the ‘Target Server’, ‘Port No’, ‘Target Company’ and the ‘Personalisation’ part to make it usable for any server, any database or company (you can port this object to any other database in any other server and it will work fine). post my changes, the link will look like this -
Connect the same link with ‘Inventory’ field in the report:
Go to ‘Action’ tab and select the radio button in ‘change action option’ to ‘Go to URL’. After this click on the ‘fx’ (as circled above) button next to ‘Select URL’ text box.
- Added a ‘=’ sign in front of the URL
- Included the entire URL inside double quotes
- Replaced the text ‘1000’ (the item no) with the text ‘+Fields!No.Value+’. This makes the URL to pick up the Item No. from the value displayed in ‘No.’ field in report.
Enable your report to use an external link (URL):
Change the property ‘EnableHyperlinks’ to ‘Yes’.
Try and see if all values are opening it’s corresponding item ledger entries only.
Mr. Snehanshu Mandal is a technologist having more than 11+ years of experience in experimenting and building commercially viable usage of different technology solutions.Presently working as Practice Head - Microsoft Dynamics NAV at Direction Software Solutions, Mumbai, India.