Tuesday 14 January 2014

Ethics

Ethics - I take on this topic with lots of hesitation, being aware that I am addressing this issue knowing fully that at times I have been un-ethical. Ethics in the classical sense is often defined in terms of the words “morals”, “doing the right thing”.
Of course, the easiest ethical issues to discuss are other people, but for me this issue is most prevailing issue which leads to lot more problems like corruption, poverty, illiteracy, unemployment, terrorism and caste and religious problem.

My reflections are, I must immediately concede, those of someone coming from a particular perspective. Necessarily I am drawing on my experience of more than 25 years of working in professional life.

As human being we face ethical issues in the followings:

1.     Personal life
2.     professional life &
3.     Social or public life

I feel we need a model - a mental model which according to me is made of five core human values - honesty, peace, right action, love and awareness.

Should we be ethical or unethical? This is I leave every individual to decide, however we should behave with other in same manner “What we expect from others”?

We all are perfectly imperfect & are short on values of honesty, peace, right action, love and awareness. We should try bringing them back in our value system. It is worthwhile!!!



Written by - Mr Sanjay Gupta.

With 27 years of experience in the software industry Sanjay Gupta serves as a General Manager and Chief Operating Officer of Direction, Sanjay is directly responsible for the management, growth and success of Direction's technology operations. During his tenure, Sanjay has significantly developed Direction's Product Development and E-Commerce divisions into high quality organisations - ensuring that Direction continues to remain within the global IT revolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment